Solar power systems have become an important and popular source of energy over the past decade. You must have seen that people are starting to recognize the effectiveness of solar energy. Besides, solar power makes for an extremely pocket-friendly, sustainable and green energy source.
Unlike fossil fuels, there are no harmful effects of greenhouse gas emissions in the generation of solar energy. It’s simply using sunlight as its source, which is available in abundance. So, whether you have made your decision to go solar or are in the process of doing so, it is always good to have more information on your hands.
Solar systems typically convert sunlight into electricity for our appliances. This happens with the help of all its components, including the solar panels, solar inverter, battery, mounting structure, cables, etc. It is important to note that the main component of a solar system is the solar panel, among all the other components.
Solar panels are a cluster of photovoltaic cells assembled and installed in a framework to generate electricity. The panels use the energy directly from the sun and convert it into electricity that we use in our appliances. Solar panels are available in different types, sizes, and capacities. The type and capacity of the solar panel you need to buy depend on your unique requirements. A 12V solar panel is one of the most popular and versatile kinds of solar panels available.
12V solar panels are the most commonly used solar panels in the market. They have so many beneficial features that once you switch to 12V solar panels, you can never go back to traditional methods of supplying power to your homes. This detailed guide will help you understand all the features of a 12V solar panel, as listed below.
- A 12V solar panel is the most popular portable off-grid power backup panel.
- This kind of panel is used to power electrical appliances and more panels can be added to the system according to your space and requirement.
- A 12V solar panel helps you save a lot of money in the long run. The initial investment you make will return tenfold in the form of the savings you will be making. In addition, solar power is much cheaper than any other power source.
- 12V solar panels require little to no maintenance during their entire life span. They rarely need fixing and are mostly bought along with a 25 year long performance warranty period. Even if maintenance and repairs are required, the parts can be easily available at reasonable prices.
- As the cells are packed extremely close to each other in a 12V solar panel, little energy is lost. This makes the process of energy production highly efficient.
- 12V solar panels are easily scalable. Depending on the space available, you can add more solar panels of this type to maximize your power generation and savings.
- 12V solar panels can power smaller areas and appliances, but more panels can be added as per your requirement. They only require proper space and mounting.
As you have seen, 12V solar panels are one of the best solutions to become energy independent as well as save a lot of money in the long run. They are reasonably priced and provides many benefits to you and the environment. Reputable brands like Luminous specialize in solar power systems and provide reliable and good quality panels for home and commercial use. They have a wide range of 12V solar panels with deals and offers available on the website.
With the continuous advancements and improvements in the field of technology, it has never been a better time to go solar.